Spousal Support & Alimony Attorneys in Atlanta
Helping Secure a Fair Settlement
With a divorce on the horizon, your mind is racing wondering where you’ll find more income to maintain the lifestyle you’ve set for yourself during your marriage. Going through a divorce is a painful and emotionally draining process. For some, it can also be a financially draining process, especially if you relied on your spouse for financial income. This is why our team at KF Law, LLC is here to help.
Call our Atlanta alimony lawyers today at (678) 326-4611 to schedule your initial consultation.
Types of Spousal Support
Typically, there are three types of alimony, also known as spousal support:
- Permanent alimony: Payments continue until the death of paying spouse or remarriage of the spouse receiving payments.
- Rehabilitative alimony: Payment for short duration only. The main aim of this payment is to enable the spouse to gain skills or experience needed to get employment so financial independence can be achieved.
- Temporary alimony: Payment for a short time period, sometimes just during the course of divorce proceedings.
Many factors are considered while finalizing the support amount, for example:
- Length and duration of the marriage
- Marital conduct
- Earning capacity and financial resources of both the spouses
- Contribution of each spouse to the marital estate
- Age and health of each spouse
- The financial value of the estate of each spouse
- Standard of living followed the couple while they were married
- The time needed by one of the spouses to gain employment
In Georgia, the financial responsibility of your spouse does not necessarily end because the marriage is ending.
To learn more about your options for alimony in Atlanta, contact our firm today.